- Espresso: Coffee drink made by extracting coffee under pressure from finely ground coffee beans using very hot water (Italian: Caffe French: Expresso)
- Ristretto (Italian for "shortened"): Espresso coffee drink extracted using less water, yielding a stronger taste. In some countries referred to as a "short black"
- Lungo (Italian for "long"): Espresso made by running about double the amount of water through the ground coffee. In some countries referred to as a "long black"
- Doppio (Italian for "double": Two measures of ground coffee beans. In most English-speaking countries, referred to as a "double shot"
- Americano: Espresso coffee with additional hot water added to the extracted coffee. (Note, the additional hot water is not run through the coffee as in the case of "lungo" or "long black")
- Corretto ("Corrected"): Italian, in which liquor, particularly "grappa" is added to the extracted espresso coffee
Types of Espresso Coffee Drinks / Expresso Coffee Terminology
Flat White Coffee at Licorice Cafe New Zealand I was recently on a trip back to my homeland and of course made the most of the opportuni...
- Espresso Maker Recommendation - Budget
- Espresso Maker Recommendation - Higher End
- 9 Steps to Making Espresso Like a Pro
- The Road to Perfect Crema
- The Golden Rule
- How to Make Espresso
- How to Make a Flat White
- How to Make Latte
- How to Make Cappuccino
- How to Make a True Macchiato
- How to Foam Milk for Espresso Coffee Drinks
- What are Espresso Coffee Beans
- How to Make Ice Blended Coffee
Most-Visited Pages in the last 30 Days
Crema is the essence of good espresso coffee. I like to think of it as the Holy Grail of espresso coffee. Without it you might as well pour ...
Typically the milk is prepared in a stainless-steel pitcher or "jug" as it is called in some countries. You need the pitcher to be...
What to Look for in a Good Espresso Maker for the Home If you're going to make that perfect cup of espresso coffee, you're going ...
If you are new to making espresso coffee at home, it may take a little practice to be able to extract that perfect cup of espresso, that is ...
What is a "Flat White"? Flat White Coffee in Tulip Cup More photos of flat-whites Flat White is an espresso-based drink th...
By now you've probably studied my 9 steps to making perfect espresso coffee and the separate section on making perfect crema . In the s...
By now you've probably studied my 9 steps to making perfect espresso coffee and the separate lesson on making perfect crema . In the le...
Update as of December 2016: It appears that the Breville Dual Boiler BES900XL that is the subject of my below review has been replaced...
What Everyone Ought to Know About a True Macchiato Macchiato comes from the Italian word that means "stained". Quite literally...
I like to think of Cappuccino as the Marge Simpson of espresso drinks, with foamy milk piled high on top of the espresso just like a beehiv...