This tradition takes over America once the calendar turns to October, and since I am all about helping you make your own espresso-based coffee drinks at home, I thought I'd share with you a recipe for making your own Pumpkin Spice latte at home.
It's pretty simple, and can be way healthier than what you will get at Starbuck's if you wish to go the full do-it-yourself route.
Method 1 (with a little help from your friends at the local store)
- Extract a double (or single if you must) shot of espresso into your cup
(if you are new to Espresso Coffee Snobs and not up to speed on how to make espresso, review my posts about making espresso and espresso-based drinks at home)
- Add on of the following if you have access to them at a local store (warm them first to your desired temperature):
- "Silk" brand Pumpkin Spice Soymilk
- "So Delicious" brand Pumpkin Spice Coconut Milk
- Trader Joe’s Pumpkin Spice Almond Beverage
Method 2 (the full do-it-yourself approach for health nuts like me)
- 1 teaspoon unsweetened canned pumpkin
- ¼ cup heated soymilk
- ½ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice (or more to taste)
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup or agave nectar
- Optional - whipped cream (non-dairy if you want to keep this completely "plant-based" and cholesterol-free)
Invite some friends over and enjoy a happy pumpkin-spiced Halloween season.